To Minister or Not – It’s Your Choice Really
If, after so many years of being a Christian, you are still not able to go out and start your own fishing party or ministry, then there is either a serious debilitating problem with the leadership of your church or with you as a professed Christian. Remember Jesus saved you to be His servant, serving others. Have you ever noticed that Revelation 7:1-3 says only servants of God will be sealed unto salvation, and that it is not necessarily church members?
God is always ready to fulfill his promise unto the glory of God by us. He establishes you and me in Christ, and hath anointed and also sealed us by giving the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts (2 Corinthians 1:20-22). After we hear the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation and believe in Jesus, we were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise to become children and servants of God (Eph 1:12-13). By rejecting to do minister grace to others we despite the Holy Spirit.
TODAY determine that you are going to identify an area you are talented or gifted in and pray for God to reveal how you can tap into His Spirit and reach others for Christ. Talent + Divine inspiration + hard work and dedication = effective ministry. Consistence will carry you far and will make you a reliable resource for the Holy Ghost to fill and use.
Many people say they don’t have time. That is the biggest lie ever told by professed Christians, one for which many shall give an account for in judgement. We have enough time to dedicate to God’s work but many waste this perishable resource and will never redeem it, even when then do so in tears.
Many say I can’t do ministry because “I have a full time job, I do not have time!” That is not true. In fact the truth is you are a full time employed evangelist where you work. The job is just to legitimize your presence in that environment.
It’s strange that full timers will find time for studying to advance their careers even taking study time off to attend classes and write exams yet God’s work gets segregated and downright neglected! Those who do such shall give an account in judgement for this negligence of opportunities and the hiding of talents.
The excuse of being employed full time is an indefensible act of hiding behind a finger. Consider this, most employers, by labor law, only demand 8 hours per day, leaving you with most of the time to allocate to your priorities. If you take off 2 hours travel time to and from work, about 7 hours for sleeping and 2 hours family/social time, you will still have 5 hours. So what are you doing with these 5 hours?
Time is not the issue in our failure to engage in ministry. Its really about knowing God’s Kingdom priorities so intimately that we choose to commit our time, talent and resources to it. It’s about our love for God over our love for the world. It boils down to selfishness over selflessness – personal plans or kingdom plans.
The lies about not having time and being BUSY (Being Under Satan’s Yoke) is actually corrupt communication and grieving the Holy Spirit in you. Paul says, “let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby you are sealed unto the day of redemption.” Ephesians 4:29-30.
On judgement day, God will ask you 10 things:
1. God won’t ask what kind of car you drove. He’ll ask how many people you drove who didn’t have transportation?
2. God won’t ask the square footage of your house. He’ll ask how many people you welcomed into your home for His name sake?
3. God won’t ask about the designer clothes and shoes you had in your closet. He’ll ask how many you helped to clothe?
4. God won’t ask what your highest degree or salary was. He’ll ask if you compromised your character to obtain it?
5. God won’t ask what your job title was. He’ll ask if you performed your job to the best of your ability, working for your boss but knowing that you are accountable to God?
6. God won’t ask how many friends you had. He’ll ask how many people to whom you were a friend?
7. God won’t ask in what neighborhood you lived. He’ll ask how you treated your neighbors?
8. God won’t ask about the color of your skin. He’ll ask about the content of your character?
9. God will not ask how many business destinations you visited or exotic holiday destinations you visited. He will ask how many prisons, hospitals and care homes you frequented to minister grace to His little ones, the prisoners, patients and hungry mouths.
10. God won’t have to ask how many LIKES and SUBSCRIBER and FOLLOWERS you had. HE will ask if you did the work of an evangelist in season and out of season.
So choose you today, whom you will serve – whether your selfish idols of mammon, education and career, pride, selfishness; or the Creator who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light to be His minister of grace to a dying world.
Get Involved or risk getting lost. https://youtu.be/Hd6zNGsBVsY
Melusi and Vivian
Melvee Video Productions